Improving management of public resources in Liberia
NTU has been shortlisted for a new project in Liberia. The project is entitled Long Term Technical Assistance to the General Auditing Commission of Liberia, Monrovia- Liberia, West Africa, and NTU will assist in the process of improving accountability and transparency in the management of public resources in Liberia.
By the end of the project implementation, the following outcomes are expected:
Result 1: The General Auditing Commission (GAC) makes good progress in becoming a credible and effective SAI: This shall be achieved through:
- Management capabilities are strengthened.
- Improving audit capabilities
- Improving office infrastructure so that it meets the requirements of a modern SAI
Result 2: Strengthened relationships with stakeholders. This shall be achieved through:
- Improving services to the legislature and Public Accounts Committee
- Improving GAC’s profile with stakeholders
- Improving relationships with auditees