Shortlist: Training and Capacity Building for Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans
9th of May, 2023
It is our pleasure to share that NTU International is shortlisted as a Leader for yet another important assignment, specifically: “Training and Capacity Building for Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP)”, covering all EU Member States, and financed by The Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions (JASPERS), also endorsed by the EU Commission, represented by The Department for Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE).
The main objective of the project is to improve the knowledge of urban transport planners & new practitioners on new/specific technical/policy areas related to sustainable urban mobility plans. The assignment as well targets providing centralised support, so as to facilitate the rollout of SUMPs at city/regional level. This capacity building (CB) shall be delivered via a programme consisting of trainings & workshops.
In line with the above, the specific core aims of the contract are to:
(1) prepare & deliver SUMP-related training to The Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) urban nodes, cities covered by the Cities Mission as well as other small/medium-sized cities within the EU’s boundaries;
(2) prep & carry out CB workshops with the aim of supporting the establishment of National SUMP Support Programmes (NSSPs);
(3) with the support of the Contracting Authority (The European Investment Bank (EIB)), contact potential participants & ensure appropriate sets of attendees for each event;
(4) organise training registration & communication with participants for both SUMP trainings & NSSP workshops;
(5) ensure appropriate logistics, event invitations, liaison with host countries also including both physical & virtual seminar/workshop sessions;
(6) organise & collect participant feedback from the training & capacity building sessions.