EU Energy Day during COP27
14th of November, 2022
NTU is celebrating EU Energy Day taking place on the 14th of November 2022
NTU International is delighted to celebrate the EU Energy Day and following COP27 events. The European Commission is organising a special EU Energy Day on 14 November 2022 in the margins of the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27) in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. The day consist of a series of high-level conferences addressing issues relating to renewable energy, energy efficiency and just transition. Commissioner for Energy Kadri Simson will be among the speakers, as well as representatives from EU strategic partners, notably the World Bank, IEA, IRENA, International Solar Alliance, Wind Europe and the German Environment Agency.
NTU is actively participating in this year’s sessions highlighting the following topics:
- Opening of the EU Energy Day: Accelerating the green transition to power out of the energy crisis
- Delivering on Glasgow’s commitments: Towards an inclusive and just transition
- Energy efficiency as a valuable resource - Boosting energy performance of the economy and renovating buildings
- Delivering the EU goal that wind is 43% of Europe’s electricity by 2030 (TBC)
- Accelerating solar energy: A ribbon at a time
- Fuelling the energy transition: Renewable hydrogen trade and partnerships for a carbon-free future
- Digitalisation for sustainability - Accelerating our sustainability agenda and the clean energy transition
NTU International have been advocating and providing numerous technical assistance programs in the field of sustainable and clean energy. We are very involved in research and finding new solutions and innovative ideas to contribute to climate change resilience and environmental protection.