Framework Agreement to support the Activities of the EIB Project Advisory Support (PAS) Team - Lot 2: Environment & Energy (2020-2024)
EU Member States
European Investment Bank
The scope of the framework agreement is provision of specialised support in the delivery of a number of high-quality consultancy assignments to the EIB PAS Team. This support includes the preparation and review of the complete project documentation including technical feasibility, demand & option analysis, cost benefit analysis, environmental impact assessment, climate risk & vulnerability assessment, institutional viability, and procurement strategy; project implementation including preparation & review of detailed designs & tender documents and support over the implementation of construction works; monitoring and verification of project results; other areas that are necessary for the preparation for funding and feasibility studies includes sector strategies, master plans, national tariffs, unit cost studies etc.
The framework agreement in this Lot is split in Sub-lot A: Environment and Sub-lot B: Energy. The sub-lots include, but are not limited to, the following sub-sectors:
- Water, Wastewater & Flood Protection,
- Solid Waste,
- Urban Development,
- Circular economy,
- Agro-industry, and
- Climate Change.
- Power Generation,
- Transmission and Distribution Networks,
- Energy Efficiency, and
- Renewable Energy.
Horizontal services required within the scope of the framework agreement include:
- Planning activities support: e.g. supporting the preparation and review of Master Plans, Pre-Feasibility Studies, National or Regional Management Plans
- Project Preparation Support: e.g. supporting the preparation and review of the complete project documentation (for instance technical feasibility including demand and option analysis, cost benefit analysis, environmental impact assessment, Climate risk and vulnerability assessment, institutional viability, and procurement strategy) and EU funding applications (e.g. ESIF).
- Project Implementation Support: e.g. supporting the implementation of infrastructure projects and investment programmes with specialist input in the areas of procurement, contract management, cost engineering, claims management and institutional arrangements related to EU funded programmes, including capacity–building assignments
- Capacity building, institutional building, knowledge creation and dissemination: e.g. Capacity building and training needs assessments, delivery of training modules and programmes, guidance documents and other training material, event organisation.
- Provision of advice on regulatory matters: e.g. environmental impact and strategic environmental assessment, climate risk and vulnerability assessment, EU ESIF funds regulations affecting infrastructure projects and competition issues (i.e. state aid issues, preparation of notifications etc.).
- Project Assessment: e.g. technical and financial evaluation of application forms based on the procedures and checklists prepared by the Managing Authority
- IT services, including software development