Framework Contract for Beneficiary Countries (BENEF) - Lot 2 Transport & Infrastructure (2005-2009 and 2009–2013)
Worldwide – EU Aid Beneficiary Countries
European Commission/ EuropeAid Cooperation Office
The purpose of the framework contract was to mobilize expertise on short notice for provision of technical assistance in any stage of the project cycle for projects and programmes in any country in the world, receiving external aid from the European Commission (Central and Eastern Europe, Balkans, Central Asia - New Independent States, Latin America, Asia, Mediterranean countries, Africa, Caribbean, and Pacific).
The sectors covered by the framework contract included:
- Roads and engineering structures
- Harbours and Inland waterway infrastructures
- Airports and Air Traffic Management
- Inter-modal infrastructures
- Transport safety
- Buildings (for education, healthcare, administrative and industrial use)
- Water supply and sanitation networks
- Energy infrastructure (hydropower, solar power systems, gas extraction etc.)
- Solid waste disposal and treatment installations
- Engineering and construction conflicts/disputes resolution
The services required fell within the following areas of expertise: programme and project identification and preparation / formulation; programme and project implementation; preparation of Terms of Reference (services) and technical annexes (works, supplies) and evaluation of offers (Procurement); monitoring and evaluations (ex-ante, interim, ex-post etc.); as well as a number of horizontal aspects such as: (cross-) sectoral policies and reforms, feasibility and pre-feasibility studies, macroeconomics studies and appraisals, public financial management, legislation, regulations and law enforcement, approximation of legislation, preparation of project documentation, institutional building, capacity building, training and research, awareness-raising, (incl. information and communication).