Services in Support of EASA International Cooperation Activities - Lot 1: Aviation Consulting & Training Services including Project Management & Logistical Support (2016-2020)
Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern area, and Central and Eastern Europe
Within its prime mission of ensuring the air transport safety of the European citizens, the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) works alongside the European Commission (EC) and other international partners to assist various countries and regional safety oversight organisations (RSOOs) in improving their regulatory framework and oversight capabilities through technical assistance activities for meeting the minimum international standards of the Chicago Convention. EASA also supports strategic aviation partnerships between the European Union and foreign countries. The purpose of the framework service agreement with NTU is to provide support to EASA consisting of various consultancy and/or training services to address the technical cooperation needs and/or action(s) undertaken in the framework of the Agency’s mission. The services required within the contract are, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Identify the strengths and shortcomings of the target country or region’s aviation system by providing the Agency with the information necessary to understand the functioning of the civil aviation sector of the recipient country/region, including an overview of the state of implementation of aviation legislation, assessment of the traffic evolution (medium term), and the national infrastructure investment planning in air transport.
(2) Perform gap analyses of the targeted country or region’s aviation system in terms of its current legal, administrative and technical status against the required level (EU or ICAO standards).
(3) Identify technical assistance needs or cooperation activities appropriate to address the situation of the target country or region, taking into account sustainability and the EU aviation policy with the targeted countries where applicable, including the identification of corrective actions required to solve the most urgent safety deficiencies (e.g. when submitted to an EU operational ban).
(4) Develop and/or contribute to the development and implementation of complete and detailed action‐plans for bringing the aviation stakeholders in the target country/region to the required level. in line with the aviation cooperation agenda between the EU and the target country/region.
(5) Perform technical training activities in various aviation domains to strengthen the capacity of aviation personnel in the respective project’s target country/region, such as:
- Airport certification;
- Air Traffic Management;
- Auditing techniques;
- Economic regulation;
- English language proficiency according to ICAO requirements;
- Environmental protection and climate change;
- European aviation safety rules including reporting;
- European rules on environmental protection in aviation;
- Human factors;
- Flight standards;
- Ramp inspection techniques (academic, practical, on‐the‐job);
- Safety Management Systems;
- Safety oversight functions;
- Single European Sky;
- Security including cybersecurity;
- Drones; etc.
(6) Develop training and/or presentation material for EASA experts (or its partners) in the context of the cooperation activities.
(7) Contribute to the implementation of the action‐plans inter alia by conducting awareness‐raising activities on the EU aviation system and international standards, including providing training and presentations on technical, legal and/or policy subjects as well as the monitoring of actions decided on at events including support in their follow up.
(8) Conduct studies for the benefit of the target country/region on areas such as: the adoption and implementation of EU Regulations in the recipient country/region’s national legal framework; the realisation of a partnership/cooperation agenda or agreement; Etc.
(9) Project Management: Support EASA in the operational management of projects by providing operational and support staff to actively participate in the oversight and management of project implementation and related activities.
(10) Logistical Support & Event Management Services: In support of the realisation of technical cooperation activities assist EASA in the arrangement / administration of all logistical aspects of the project implementation as well as organisation and management of events such as conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.