NTU is supporting the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) by providing logistic support and event management for the organisation of the Forum on Regional Safety Oversight Organisations (RSOOs) for the Global Aviation Safety which will be held in Swaziland from 22 to 24 March 2017.
The Forum on Regional Safety Oversight Organisations (RSOOs), jointly organised by EASA and ICAO, will bring together all parties that have a stake in the establishment and management of RSOOs, in order to promote the concept of regional cooperation for the purpose of enhancing Global Aviation Safety in the regions.
The forum on RSOOs will cover, among other issues, the following:
- ICAO’s update on activities and policies related to RSOOs
- RSOO update on present situation
- Benefits and challenges of RSOOs
- Financial aspects and sustainability
- Relationship between RSOOs and its members, sharing real experiences
- Pooling of resources, processes, staff
- Peer-review, common training
- Promoting the benefits of RSOOs on national, bilateral, regional and international levels
- Creating a cooperative forum for RSOOs